This email will be a quickie because I only have 30 minutes to write! It's because, with transfer meetings this morning, we kind of got jipped because we don't have our own car and so, getting a ride with someone else, we had no control over when we left the meeting afterwards. We need to meet an investigator soon.
But anyways: I have a new companion! He's from Hong Kong, this is his last transfer so I will perhaps be in River Terrace 3 more months. Although I learned something interesting at transfers: on the 26th of this month there will be another "mid transfer transfer" because of all the issues we are experiencing in terms of visa delays for missionaries coming in. I'm glad I didn't have any issues with my visa. 40+ missionaries were supposed to arrive this transfer but only 14 made it.
We are finally getting a new Chinese missionary, one of the 14 who are arriving. He will be trained by the missionary in Eight Mile Plains who was AP. The companionships in EMP were shuffled around as a result of the other missionary who finished down there.
My (previous) companion's plan is to stick around a few days-- his parents will arrive here on the fifth, and he will depart for Taiwan on the ninth, spend a week there, then go back to america. I imagine I'll see him around in the city once or twice before he leaves because he will be meeting with investigators and recent converts while here.
The biggest news from last week is that our two best investigators are now back in Taiwan. :( But hopefully they will be taught by missionaries there and get baptized. :)
I think I'll end it here for now for fear of running out of time with the other things I need to write. Promise I'll finish it all next week! Take care!
Elder J. Colton Ladd
Once again, a nameless companion. :)
ReplyDelete