Monday, June 10, 2013

June 11 2013

Since yesterday was the queen's birthday holiday, the libraries were closed, so P-day was moved to Tuesday this week. Sorry for the late notice :P

Not too much to report this week. I love my new companion! It will be a good transfer.

Elder Ladd and Elder Lam
E
One miracle story to tell. On Friday we received a referral from Church Headquarters, about a lady who toured the Beehive house in salt lake city. They only had the address to give us, no phone number. We figured the best time would be after church on sunday.

So on sunday we went. The address we were given wasn't correct (Some one had read a / as a 1) so we weren't even sure we were at the right house when we were standing at the door. Nevertheless, we dialed in the number we though it would be (it was an apartment block) and waited for an answer. Nothing. After a minute or two, we tried again. Nothing. After waiting a little longer we figured they weren't there, or perhaps it was the wrong address. Dissappointing.

We went back the car (a member had given us a ride). The member then recieved a phone call, and so we just waited while he talked.

After a little while though, I felt that I should try again. My companion only came halfway to the door; he had given up. I rang -- and lo and behold, it was answered!

The woman came to the door. She had been asleep when we rang the first two times. We talked to her and got her phone number to contact -- interestingly, she said she had never given her address to anyone, just her phone number (which we didn't recieve...), because she was planning to move to a different house soon. It was April when she had been in salt lake city.

Miracles happen! They really do. That's all for the week I think. I'll update you of course I thinks progress with everyone. Take care all!

Elder J. Colton Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment