Happy new transfer! (and Father's day! :D ) I am still in River Terrace---no one is surprised---and my companion has stayed as well, which I am very thankful for. There is so much to do, so much so that sometimes it feels overwhelming. But the words of President Eyring come to mind:
"When I find myself drawn away from my priesthood duties by other interests and when my body begs for rest, I give to myself this rallying cry: “Remember Him.” The Lord is our perfect example of diligence in priesthood service. He is our captain. He called us. He goes before us. He chose us to follow Him and to bring others with us."
This past week was great -- we had four member present lessons! (this is remarkable, from the fact that these are the only ones I have had since arriving in this area). Of course we taught several other lessons as well, but this lessons each represented great miracles.
Following emailing on Pday, we drove up to Mt. Coot-tha, a local mountain (hill?) that overlooks Brisbane. We had a great view of the city, and the weather was fantastic. I'll attach a few pictures of our visit. (Today we plan to go the Museum!)
Friday had a great miracle. President Henderson scheduled some time to come out on "Hard Yakka" (when he proselytes with the missionaries) with the Chinese missionaries. We had a lesson scheduled for 12 PM, his only free spot (that in itself was a miracle, our most progressing investigator saying she could meet him at that time). But then, our investigator missed the ferry! It was 30 minutes until the next ferry, and by the time it came President was no longer free. However, at that very minute, some of the other Chinese members came to the chapel and offered to join in the lesson instead! So where we thought all was lost, we still were able to have a member present.
The BEST miracle was on Sunday -- Elder Han received his Patriarchal Blessing! In all of China there is only one Patriarch, and he lives in just one city so most members have to travel by train several days to receive there blessing, so Elder Han never ended up receiving one. Until now! It was a very sacred experience.
That's all for the week (yeah, I know, it's short... but I have pictures!! Woohoo!!!). Have a great week everyone! :D
Elder J. Colton Ladd
No comments:
Post a Comment