Happy New Year! Today is the day after transfers, yesterday was hectic, I apologize. Here is a short summary email of what has happened (just in case I don't have time to email more fully):
Christmas day after skype we had a fun water fight at a member's house, then food. And then more food.
Boxing day, we had breakfast at a member's home, and dinner at the Bishops home as well! We were sooooo stuffed.
The week ended with a trade-off to River Terrace again! Another fun day in the city.
Sunday night, we got the calls... I was told to pack my bags! I was surprised. I didn't want to leave the area in the least, I hardly had the chance to get to know people.
Then, later, President called me. He asked how I felt about being transferred, how I felt about being a zone leader, etc. Then he told me that I was going to be called to the office!
I was pretty stunned. I hardly slept Sunday or Monday (or yesterday for that matter, but that is just because of the work load :P ). Nevertheless I am excited for this opportunity.
Talk to you later!
(an hour later)
Here's a little more:
Today's events included going and picking up 11 new missionaries from the airport, putting them through orientation and assigning them their trainers. It was quite exciting :) Most awesome of all was that 4 of the 11 new missionaries are Chinese! One of them was called as an English-speaking missionary.
Elder J. Colton Ladd
[editor's note: Elder Ladd's new companions are the Assistants to the President (APs). As you see, he doesn't say whether he is also an AP or has some other office assignment... stay tuned, I guess!]
No comments:
Post a Comment