Monday, August 26, 2013

Aug 27 2013

Happy Transfer day! I have no idea what is going on at the transfer meeting, because I'm not there right now... but Elder Andersen is, my trainee! It took us by complete surprise. I am staying with the companion I had before, Elder Allan. I'm not sure what to think: I either did a really great job of training him to the point that he's finished training already, or I did a terrible job to the point he needs to be a different missionary instead. Hopefully it's the former, haha. Perhaps we will find out when I know the results of transfers.

Nevertheless, the biggest news of the week in fact is our investigator was baptized! I've already written heaps (they say "heaps" in Australia instead of "tons") about his story so I think I'll skip the first part I usually do and write about the baptism itself.

It had great attendance, which was very exciting for us. Our investigator has become well known by all the members and integrated with them all, and so many of the members came even though it was on a Saturday. There were two talks, and then the baptism--he asked me to baptize him, the first time I've ever baptized anyone. I memorized it in Spanish just for the occasion--Dad and Brynn should be proud of me! After the baptism, he shared his testimony, written in poetry form (and then translated into english, haha). It was very beautiful and heartfelt.

The next best news of the week is that we should have two baptisms this Saturday! They are still on track, the only thing remaining is the baptismal interviews. Our investigator from New Zealand has finally managed to quit smoking, and our investigator from China is ready. They are both disappointed that my former trainee can't no longer attend/participate, but that hasn't affected them. Hopefully good news next week!

Yesterday was especially interesting because, since it was Elder Andersen's last day in the area, we tried to meet with as many of our investigators as possible. Our recent-recent convert invited us over for breakfast, and our Chinese investigator who is getting baptized next week took us out to lunch. We saw a few other investigators later and had dinner at a member's home.

That's about it for the week to be honest, though, haha. Just a lot of hard work on our end. Take care everyone!

Elder J. Colton Ladd







No comments:

Post a Comment