Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dec 24 2012

Merry Christmas everyone!

This week's email will be very short, I'm headed out soon to go to the Mission Christmas party. This week will be exciting: today, tomorrow, and on wednesday (Boxing Day here in Australia) we have a lot of fun things lined up at member's houses (the new world-wide meal guidelines don't apply for these days). I'll also be trying to schedule as many visits as possible with investigators. I have an awesome story to tell about that, by the way, but I'll wait until next week -- so my family can hear it from me first when I talk to them on Skype tomorrow.

There have been a few other good things this past week, including a Ward Christmas party on Saturday which we Chinese elders got about 20 to 30 investigators to, out of about 200 people present total. I helped out with a shadow puppet show for the little kids, narrating the "Other Wise Man" story. I also conducted all of the chinese members and missionaries to sing "Silent Night" in chinese. It was a fun night.

On Sunday, we went to the home of a couple who'll will be leaving in three weeks to serve as senior missionaries in the Czech/Slovak mission! The couple is a legend here apparently, they've ben involved with many, many baptisms in the Chinese program before I arrived.

One of the days last week, I went on trade-offs with the two elders from EMP (Allan and Johnson) who just finished training, while our senior companions did other things. It was the best day I've had in a long time, we only went tracting and GQing but it was a blast. I'm looking forward to being companions with Johnson in particular at some point. We've made an agreement that -- since it's actually appropriate for missionary dress here in Queensland to where a hat as long as it's broad-rimmed and so forth -- if we ever go up north (to Cairns) we will proselyte wearing Asian rice-patty hats, haha.

That's about it for the week. I hope everyone has a great Christmas, I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes for me when I email next week. And I'll make sure to include pictures!

Take care,

Elder Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment