Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dec 18 2013

Merry Christmas! The next time you hear from me, Christmas may have possibly already passed, so let me get my Christmas wishes out of the way first. :P

This week has been fantastic. In many ways, I felt like I was back in the river terrace again.

I first went on trade-offs with Kenmore elders again, on Tuesday. Nothing too special there. On Thursday, I went BACK TO THE CITY!!!! It feels like it has been such a long, long time since I was in River Terrace, yet it has only been less than 3 months. Just like the good old days, we spent most of the day GQing on Queen Street. It's funny to see the Sister Missionaries GQing there too. We even had the opportunity to teach one of the same investigators I started teaching while I was there. I didn't find her, but I started teaching her after she was referred to us from EMP. Since I left, she has come to church more than once, which is awesome.

On Saturday I had another opportunity, in the form of a dinner with one of my recent converts from the city! He was the one who was baptized in April, long, long, ago. He just graduated from University and his parents flew in for the ceremony, so the bishop of the YSA (who lives in the Enoggera ward boundaries) invited his family and his girlfriend all to his house for a Aussie-style BBQ. It was funny, his parents seemed a little awkward at first because they weren't confident with Australian customs and etiquette. Sometimes it seemed like the conversation was between important dignitaries, being as polite as possible in every way. :) It went really well, I hope I can get photos from the Bishop.

On Sunday, we went to River Terrace for church! After our own church, of course. We had an investigator who wanted to go there. Ultimately she told us she preferred the family ward, which I understand. In many ways think I prefer family wards too :).

On Monday we had our district meeting. In the evening, we began going around with the other elders and caroling for less-actives, actives, and investigators. We had done so on Sunday as well, with great results -- one member brought us to sing to his neighbors right after singing to him. We have a routine of just two songs, a fun one and a mash-up of a few traditional Christmas songs from the hymnbook. I will try and make a recording. Each time after singing we take turns bearing testimony, it has gone really well. We will go caroling again tonight for the Sister Missionaries in Bunya Forest.

This past week we have been involved a lot of paperwork as well, in preparation for the coming transfers. Transfers will take place New Year's Eve.

Dunno when I can email next, for most missionaries it will be Boxing Day but all the Zone Leaders have a Missionary Leadership Council. Till next time!

Elder J. Colton Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment