Short week this week! After the temple and emails last p-day, we went to a little farmer's market that is in Brisbane square on Wednesdays and had lunch, got haircuts, bought groceries, then played sports with the zone.
On Thursday we had a few lessons -- one was set up on very short notice. As we were traveling to the campus of the University of Queensland to meet with one of our investigators, I was contacting potential investigators via text while on the bus. Turned out, one was riding the same bus as us! That was funny. We met with her after we finished our appointment. That evening we had a meal at a members home with all four missionaries and 3 investigators, we ate a delicious apple crisp which we loved so much we want to make ourselves sometime soon. On Friday we had a few more lessons and a meal.
The biggest event of the week was on Saturday. In the morning, during out studies I received a message from one of the members saying that our recent convert had to leave to go to New Zealand that same day -- and she hadn't signed her baptismal record yet! Since she had left her job in order to quit smoking, she had no more income, and needed to return to her family in New Zealand in order to save money again before she should come back. We hurriedly arrange a ride to her house so we could visit her and settle a few things (such as the baptismal form. Whew!). She hopes to come back to Australia once again after she has enough money once more, perhaps for studies. I don't know if I will still be in Australia at that time, but hopefully so. We sang hymn #270, "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" for her at her request.
Sunday was pretty standard, and now it is Monday again. Like I said, a short week. Until next time, take care!
Elder J. Colton Ladd
No comments:
Post a Comment