Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Final Comments

I would like everyone who reads these remarks from my two years of missionary service, to first know this:

I know that God is my Loving Father in Heaven. The miracles that have happened these two years---which are many---are not the works of men, nor are they simple coincidence: they are the tender mercies of a Heavenly Father who deeply, truly, loves His children and desires their salvation.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. From the beginning of my mission until now, I have developed a sense of familiarity with Him. He knows me. I am trying to know Him. He is my Savior, Redeemer, and Friend. Words cannot describe His Atoning Sacrifice.

I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. He wrote: "Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!"

I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. As a "voice of truth out of the earth" it testifies that these things are true. YOU can know that these things are true, too.

The restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is pure, whole truth. I love the Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder J. Colton Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment