Sorry for the late email everyone! This week has been crazy. Let me first explain what happened last week, then I can get into this week. This letter will probably be a little bit shorter and less filled-out then usual because I am typing it on an iPad. NOTE: that isn't because we have iPads now or anything, haha, I still have no idea when that will happen.
There was a lot to take up our time last week--there was a big zone conference last Thursday which lasted from 9 am to 4 pm. The main focus of the conference was the Book of Mormon. Our mission just began a synchronised reading of the Book of Mormon together. Everyday we read 6.2 pages together, so that we will finish the Book of Mormon together in just 3 months. By reading from the Book of Mormon together every day, we hope to become not only a Preach My Gospel mission, but more importantly a Book of Mormon mission. We also had flat deep-cleaning, another 4 hour chunk of the week. Nevertheless, we managed to teach over 20 lessons and get 10 finding hours.
On Tuesday we had trade-offs with the zone leaders, the first time I have ever served as a English elder, even for just a day. I learned a lot, and it was great preparation for transfers.
The miracle of the week is that we set 3 new baptismal dates, all for the 14th of December!! (We moved one back as well from the 30th of November to the 14th of December) One is with a 15 y.o. Who just needs his mother's permission, another with a uni student from Hong Kong, and the last with a young mother from China. :D Better yet, two of the three dates were set my last day in the area!
You heard that right... I was transferred! But you will never, never guess where to. So, on Sunday night we got transfer calls. My prediction --I was about 80% certain--was that I would be left with my trainee (for once! But sadly I have yet to finish training even a single one of my trainees). Then I got the first surprise. I was moving! It was little disappointing at the moment, because it hadn't even really cross my mind as a possibility.
Thus began the hectic "I'm leaving! Meet with me!" Monday blitz. It wasn't as successful as when I left the city because feet were not as firmly planted in the area yet, but it was still alright. This was when we set two of dates. The other was from trade-offs.
On Tuesday, transfer meeting was moved to the afternoon, an experiment I suppose. That is part of the reason I am not emailing until today, we were told not to email until after transfers.
I was certain that I would be going to Gold Coast. But no--I am back in the city again! Sort of... I am now a zone leader in Brisbane! I was speechless. My companion is the zone leader I went on trade-offs with in the city long ago when I was made district leader. He is a big New Zealand Samoa who plays rugby. It is unlike anything else I ever expected or experienced. More on it next week when I can actually mail. Have a great week!
Elder J. Colton Ladd
No comments:
Post a Comment