Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oct 21 2013

This email will be in a rush since its back to the 1-hour time limit on computers! I will do my best to fit everything I can in. Last week was great! We found (and have been referred to) a lot of promising investigators, it makes me excited for this coming week.

On Monday, during P-day, we ended up teaching lessons. We found some time to toss a frisbee around in the park between our lessons.

Tuesday, we had district meeting at our office. Did I mention the office we have now? They got it about 6 months ago I believe, while I was in the city. It is super conveniently located, literally a minute's walk from the Sister's flat in Sunnybank, and just a few shops away from the bus stop.

The funny thing about district meeting, though, is that apparently (no one told me this) they hold it on Wednesdays! Everybody kept asking me, "Are we going to have district meeting this Tuesday?" etc, and no one mentioned anything about Wednesday. IT was only after the fact that I learned that the question they were REALLY asking was "Are we going to have district meeting on Tuesday instead of Wednesday?" But nobody said anything about that last part, haha.

On Thursday, I conducted my first baptismal interview with another companionship's investigator! Then we dropped of my trainee at Kangaroo Point chapel, where he proceeded to have a full day, night, and morning of training. In the meantime, my other companion and I went with the same English missionary we went with right after transfers. That night we had dinner at a member's house with my investigator from the city! Did I mention that he came to general conference?

On Friday we went back to kangaroo point and had new missionary training meeting. That meeting, we had another dinner, this time at our Ward Mission Leader's home. We are teaching a small, young family from southern China, they came with us.

On Saturday, one of the less active members help a recent convert move. That was a small success. Unfortunately, neither came to church the next day, for unrelated issues.

After church on Sunday, the miracle investigator in the city shortly before I was transferred came down to say a short goodbye -- he will be going to a farm in a small rural city of Chinchilla, Queensland, for the next 3 months. Hopefully I can see him as soon as he returns, in the meantime he will be praying and reading the Book of Mormon (the closest branch might be a tad too far away for him to attend on Sundays, in the town of Dalby).

I'm excited most for the coming weeks because we will be teaching some families!! One was referred to us by the Springwood missionaries, another was referred to us by a member. That gives us 3 families that we are teaching right now I think.

that's it for the week. I think. Take care!! Remember the messages of conference! :D

Elder J. Colton Ladd



Here are some photos that Nathan, Jacob's new friend from Downtown, sent to Jacob from when he visited the EMP Elders before he left to go work on a farm in the country:





No comments:

Post a Comment