Last week was very busy indeed. Elder Monsen and I went from having one baptismal date to... six! On Saturday we met with the family we are teaching, the single mother and her four children (two over the age of 8), and we set a date together for March 9th. Then, on Sunday, a recent convert brought in two referrals to church, who she has been friends with for a long time, and when we taught them afterwards one said she *already* knew it was all true and the other said she would pray and find out for herself that night. Elder Monsen felt impressed to set their date March 10th, and they accepted.
The rest of the week was filled with lots of teaching and even more finding. There were a couple of fun experiences in particular. On Saturday night, Elder Monsen and I were about to call it a night, bus home and get dinner, but we decided to stick around until we had at least one more potential investigator. We walked down Queen street and seconds later someone called out "Hey, are you Mormons?" It was a few teenage siblings and friends (well, the oldest was low twenties), and they asked us a few questions about our church (my favorite was: "Why do you all wear suits?" I had fun explaining that only missionaries always dress like us... members are basically normal people...). One of them asked if they could get a copy of the Book of Mormon, to which we replied, "of course!" I didn't have any english copies on me at the moment--I only had 1 chinese copy left in my backpack--but I got his number and we met two days later to give it to him. I'll let you know how it develops, I'm hoping to meet with some of them again in a teaching setting.
In other news, we had a few dinners at member's houses (We invited our most progressing investigator to come with us each time, so he's well on his way towards being fully prepared for baptism). We had Japanese curry and rice at our Ward mission leader's house on thursday, then lasagna at another member's place on Sunday, and then we returned to the same member's house on monday for pizza with the gospel principles class teacher -- At that house, a couple members live together (it's a YSA ward after all). Also, earlier on thursday we had a special training meeting with the Mission President and so forth, held at our chapel, Kangaroo Point. It was good.
That's about it for this week -- not much, I know, I'll try and think of more interesting things to mention next week :P Take care everyone!
Elder J. Colton Ladd
| Taiwanese shaved ice (bing) |
| Story Bridge, Brisbane |
| the District, last P-day. It's summer and hot. |
No comments:
Post a Comment